Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Scabby in the Abby

Today I witnessed the aftermath of a robbery of a group of tourists outside of Tim Horton's. The man walked up to the minivan where two people had fallen asleep while their family went to get food and silently plucked a bag with their wallets and passports.

Me and my co-workers were parked right next to them at the Whatcom Exit. We probably walked right by the thief. Oddly enough I made a point to lock my door.

I would suggest that one of the authors of Freakanomics, Dr. Stephen Levitt, do an analysis of the crime problem. He has an interesting way of interpreting data, and provides a novel answer to the crime drop in the 90's. Perhaps he can find a solution a little more thought-out than "More cops". No disrespect intended; I am simply pointing out that there are deeper, smarter ways of fighting a war than increasing the number of soldiers.

As a Canadian I wish to express my outrage at this evil act . I hope that you either feel my outrage that this should happen to guests in our country, or at least remain aware of thieves in Abbotsford.

No comments:

Post a Comment